Epsom salt is filled with magnesium sulfate which is thought to soothe the skin and cure skin related conditions such as acne, pimples and so on. The sulfur present in this salt removes the excess oil and exfoliates the skin, unclogging thus the pores from dirt, the main cause of pimples and acne. Here are a few useful remedies that will get you rid of these skin problems whether they’re on your face, back chest or any other part of the body.
For Pimples:CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
- Concentrated Epsom salt mixture – take 2 tbsp. salt and dissolve them in 3 tbsp. water. Apply the mixture directly on the affected area using a cotton ball and let it dry. Repeat the process 2 more times after it’s dry and then wash it off with abundant water.
- Garlic mixture – grate and smash 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and let them sit for about 10 minutes to obtain a garlic juice. Then mix 2 tbsp. Epsom salt with 2 tbsp. water and add the garlic juice. Apply and allow it to act for about 15 minutes and then wash off.
- Lemon juice – take 2 tbsp. Epsom salt, dissolve them in 3 tbsp. water and then add 4 to 5 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Dab a cotton ball in this solution and apply on the pimples. Repeat the process twice within a gap of 5 minutes before letting it dry completely and rinsing.
For Acne on the Face:
- Compress – take 2 cups of water, place them in a pot and turn on the heat. Add 4 tbsp. of Epsom salt and stir well until completely incorporated. Take it off from the heat and let it cool a little. Take a clean cloth and dip it into the solution. Remove the excess water and place the warm compress on the skin for about 30 seconds and then dip it again and repeat the process for about 20 minutes. Wash at the end and use a moisturizer if needed.
- Egg treatment – grab an egg and beat the egg white with ½ tbsp. water. Apply on the affected area in layers. Wait until it’s dry and then take it off with a damp cloth and rinse well.
- Oatmeal – turn your oatmeal into powder until you get ½ cup. Add 1 tbsp. of Epsom salt to the powder and water until turned into a paste. Apply on the infected region and allow it to act for 15 minutes. Wash off through circular massage.
- Onion mixture – grate and squeeze half an onion and mix the juice with ½ tbsp. Epsom salt and ½ tbsp. water. Apply on the acne and allow it to act for 10 minutes before washing off with water.
For Acne on the Body:
- Bath – the next time you take a bath make sure you add 3 or 4 tbsp. of Epsom salt to 1 bucket of water.
- Compress – prepare a very concentrated solution of 1 cup boiling water mixed with plenty of salt. Dab a cotton towel and place the compress on the body. Keep it on the area until it cools off and then repeat the process for a few times.