Having a pimple is most of the times disturbing, not to mention unaesthetic. It often appears when there is a big event coming up and it seems so difficult to get rid of it in due time. Here are a few tricks that will help your skin go back to its softness and get you back on track.
- Basil – besides its great aroma on food, this plant is also good when use on your skin. Rich in antibacterial agents and antioxidants, basil reduces the swelling and then helps your skin get rid of the pimples. Prepare a paste and apply on the face.
- Egg Whites – they work miraculously on your skin due to the vitamins and amino acids, repairing the skin’s cells and removing the pimples. Prepare a mask out of 3 egg whites. Wisk them well and let them sit for about 5 minutes. Apply the first layer on your face, let it dry then apply the second and the third layer using the same process. Allow it to sit in the end for about twenty minutes and then rinse.
- Honey – this product has been intensively used as disinfectant due to its cleansing properties that destroy bacteria while also moisturizing the skin. Use a cotton pad to apply the honey on the skin. Alternatively, you can mix the honey with cinnamon and apply before going to bed.
- Ice – a cold compress of ice reduces inflammation, redness and swelling by helping the blood circulate properly to the pimple. Moreover, ice removes dirt and cleanses your pores.
- Lemon Juice – similar to ice, applying lemon juice will reduce the pimple faster, along with nourishing the skin with vitamin C content and helping to flush out the toxins from the skin. Simply take a cotton pad, dab it in lemon juice and apply on the pimples. Allow it to act overnight.
- Orange Peels – cleanse your face and wash your hands beforehand and then take an orange peel and rub it on the affected skin. Finish with a dab of orange juice. Oranges are filled with ascorbic acid and vitamin C, which nourish and soften your skin.
- Steam – prepare an infusion and place your head above the steamy recipient (don’t let it be too hot though, you don’t want to burn your face). Steams will open your pores and help your skin breathe by eliminating bacteria, oil and dirt that produce pimples.
- Strawberries and Honey – the salicylic acid present in strawberries is highly effective in treating pimples as it stimulates the covering layer of skin which sheds the unwanted cells and opens the clogged pores, as well as removing bacteria. All you need to do is gently wash your face with warm water and then apply 5 mashed strawberries mixed with 3 tsp. of honey. Allow the mask to act for about 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Toothpaste – besides cleansing your teeth, toothpaste can also alleviate your pimple. Apply a little toothpaste (avoid using gel – normal, white one is perfect) on the affected area and let it act overnight.