Oatmeal is a highly effective ingredient when it comes to losing weight, and not only – it’s also an amazing remedy against hair and skin problems. Read on to find out more benefits of using oatmeal.
- Cures Acne – its role is to remove the excess oil from your skin and it helps with the exfoliation as well. Prepare a pack of oatmeal with warm water and allow it to cool. Apply on the affected skin and wait for 15 minutes before washing off.
- Cures Cracked Heels – oatmeal can cure cracked heels completely when used on a regular basis. Prepare a paste out of 3 tablespoons of oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, some honey and a little water. Scrub your heels with this paste and then let it set for half an hour. Rub again when rinsing.
- Cures Scalp Problems – itching and dandruff don’t affect your health but they surely affect your social life. The oatmeal powder acts as an exfoliator and clears the buildup from your scalp, moisturizing it instead. It’s highly effective when mixed with a little apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Scrub your scalp with this mixture and wash off with water after 10 minutes.
- Helps in Skin Exfoliation – oatmeal smoothly removes dead cells and gives you a fresh look, so it’s safe to use it for any skin types. Just prepare a face scrub out of oatmeal, yogurt and lemon juice and use it as you would use a regular one.
- Helps in Treating Dry Skin – mix 1 cup of oatmeal with milk and honey and apply the paste on the face. Rinse after 2 minutes and enjoy the moisturizing effect this pack has on your skin.
- Natural Dry Shampoo – when your hair needs a wash but you don’t have the time or you have just washed it the previous day, oatmeal can be a quick alternative to washing, although it doesn’t replace the actual shampoo. Take a handful of grounded oatmeal and scatter it on your scalp. Massage the scalp and leave it on for about 5 minutes or until the excess oil is absorbed and then brush out the oatmeal powder from your hair. You can also use a blow drier or a cloth to take it off.
- Refreshing Bath – put 1 cup of oatmeal in your bathtub to get smooth skin. It will also remove minor inflammations, infections and any itchiness from your skin.
- Removes Suntan and Heals Sun Burn – if you got suntanned with sunglasses shadows or any other forms, you can use oatmeal to remove the dark casting from your skin. Prepare a smooth paste out of 1 cup oatmeal and milk and rub it on the suntan or sunburn. Let it act for 15 minutes and then rinse. Add some lemon to the mixture for better results.
- Treats Eczema – due to its anti-inflammatory properties, oatmeal makes the perfect product for curing eczema. Simply prepare a paste out of 1 cup of oatmeal, hot water and honey. Apply it on the affected skin and allow it to act for half an hour. Use a cotton cloth to remove it but avoid rubbing the skin. Rinse with water.