The skin is your protective layer which acts like a shield to protect the inner organs from sun or environmental exposure. Even though it seems very strong and enduring, it actually is rather sensitive, especially your face, so here are a few tips on how to take great care of it:
- No alcohol or smoking – the skin is among the most visibly affected areas of your body when you consume alcohol or smoke. The elastic fibers and collagen from your skin are slowly damaged by these habits and lead to wrinkles and lines on your face.
- Facial exercises – these can help a lot with blood circulation and the internet is full of them. Just take some time and try some yourself!
- Sun protection – sunscreen is a crucial product in the fight against the aging process and spots. Choose a lotion that favors your skin type and use it daily. You can improve your diet as well by increasing the intake of vitamins and antioxidants which are found in fruit and vegetables.
- Depending on your skin type you can use one of the next face masks:
- Dry Skin Recipes
– take 1 tbsp. olive oil and mix it with 1 egg yolk. Apply on the face and leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing with warm and then cold water.
– if your skin is normal to dry mix 3 tbsp. milk with 1 tsp. honey. Take a cotton pad and use it to apply the solution. Wait for a few minutes before you rinse (avoid leaving it on until dried as it may be harsh for the skin).
- Oily Skin Recipe
– to smoothen oily skin mix 1 tbsp. white clay, 1 egg white, 1 tbsp. jojoba oil and apply it on the skin. Let it act for about 15 minutes and then wash off with moderately warm water. Finish with a splash of cold water.
- Normal Skin Recipe
– take 2 tbsp. of oatmeal, add some warm water to dissolve it and then add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Apply on the face and let it act for about 15 minutes before taking it off.
- Scrub or exfoliate your skin regularly – the exfoliation process helps your skin lose all the dead cells and reveal the fresh and smooth skin instead. Specialists recommend at least a weekly exfoliation. If you want your own homemade scrub mix 1 tbsp. fine sugar with 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and gently rub it on the face with circular motions. Then rinse with warm water. Finish with a splash of cold water. Another scrub that you could try is by mixing 2 tbsp. coconut oil with mashed strawberries and then massage your face with the mixture. Rinse with warm and then cold water.
- Detoxify and nourish your skin – drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day to prevent your skin from looking saggy and dehydrated. You can also increase the intake of minerals and vitamins to nourish you skin from within.
- Routine skin care – every skin needs it daily cleanse and your face needs cleansing, toning as well as moisturizing. This will also aid with your makeup absorption and protection against bacteria.
- Manage stress – stress can negatively affect your skin by triggering acne or premature aging, therefore, learn how to deal with the stress. Sometimes it works to perpetually cultivate positive state of mind, laugh and indulge in your favorite activities. Yoga, meditation or exercise might also work.