An incorrect pH balance is oftentimes the reason behind acne breakouts and pimples. Baking soda restores the pH level and regenerates the skin while also removing the excess oil and unclogging the pores. Nevertheless, as useful as it may be, baking soda can lead to side effects when used intensively and incorrectly. Read on to find out how to properly and efficiently use this ingredient.
Pimple Cure:CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
- On its own – put 1 tbsp. baking soda in a bowl and add an equal amount of water. You should obtain a thick paste, not runny. Apply it on the pimples and allow it to act for 15 minutes if you have sensitive skin. If not, you can let it sit longer. Rinse in the end.
- With apple cider vinegar – prepare a mixture of 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. water and 1 tbsp. baking soda. Place the soda first and then add the two in drops while stirring constantly. Apply the mixture on the pimples and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with plain water.
- With lemon juice – add 5 to 6 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to 1 tbsp. baking soda. You should have a thick consistency so add some water if it’s too dry. Apply on the pimple and allow it to dry. Wash off in the end and apply a moisturizer I the skin feels stretchy.
- Baking soda pack – take a glass bowl and place 2 tbsp. baking soda. Add some water until you get a runny, thin texture, which you will then apply on the face. Let the pack sit for no more than 10 minutes and then gently rub it as you rinse with water. Apply a good moisturizer in the end.
- With Aloe Vera – scrape the pulp and smash it with mortar and pestle. Strain the gel and mix it with 1 tbsp. baking soda. You should obtain a paste. Apply it on the infected area and rinse after 15 minutes.
- With fuller’s earth – mix 1 tbsp. baking soda with an equal amount of fuller’s earth. Add some water until you get a runny solution. Apply it on the acne and wait for 10 minutes. Wash off and moisturize intensively to prevent dryness.
- With manuka honey – combine equal amounts of manuka honey and baking soda and then add enough water to make a thin solution. Apply it on the acne and wait 15 minutes before rinsing. Rub your face while rinsing and then moisturize if you feel stretchy or dry.
- With orange juice – prepare a clear, fresh orange juice (without the pulp) and mix 1 tbsp. juice with 1 tbsp. baking soda. Apply the runny pack (add water if it’s too thick) on the acne affected skin using a cotton swab. Rinse after 15 minutes.
- For body acne – soak 2 tbsp. baking soda and one third cup of ACV in your bathing water to cure pimples on your back or any other parts of the body. Relax in the tub for about 20 minutes before rinsing with plain water.